Vocalist.org archive

From:  Dre de Man <dredeman@y...>
Date:  Wed Jun 21, 2000  5:41 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Head voice range (was: Height/Range)

Dear Tako and list,

maybe I just don't understand, i.m.o. you're too
generous on the upper passagio note and not generous
enough on the head voice: from what I remember from
Miller's books, a lyrical tenor mostly has a passagio
starting at E4 sharp and ending at about G4
(eventually sharp) (leggiero E4 and A4), but many
lyrical tenors head voices go up to F5, so that would
be more than an octave. The head voice should go
higher than the breast voice, should not it?
A baritone with an upper passagio point at A4 seems
rather odd, isn't that a latent tenor?
(All assuming the passagio-limits are not pushed)

Best greetings,
Dre

2596 Re: Head voice range (was: Height/Range) Tako Oda   Wed  6/21/2000   2 KB
2618 Re: Head voice range (was: Height/Range) Lisa Miller   Thu  6/22/2000   2 KB
2597 Re: Head voice range (was: Height/Range) Tako Oda   Wed  6/21/2000   2 KB

emusic.com