Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Jennifer" <jennibri@i...>
Date:  Tue Jun 20, 2000  9:52 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist-temporary] pitch differences (was bach and basses)

This thread is reminding me of how I sang alto in elementary and high
school. I even sang tenor and bass a couple of times. Using my chest voice I
could outsing the whole rest of the choir - unfortunately, no one ever told
me there was such a thing as head voice.

Jennifer, much relieved to be a soprano with many high notes now and no more
sore throats from singing the wrong way :o)

> For me, it's much more about timbre than range. Most professional
> sopranos could probably bludgeon their way through most mezzo rep and
> vice versa in terms of notes...

emusic.com