Vocalist.org archive

From:  Roger Smith <roger@c...>
Date:  Mon Jun 19, 2000  5:51 am
Subject:  Coming out

Hi there

I'm coming out. I mostly lurk here, reading as much of the
post as I can understand. But the truth is I know pretty
much nothing about Opera. My parents love it. Mum always has
on something or other opera/classical bassed. But I love
rock n roll. I play and sing in an original rockband, I help
out at church and youth singing contemporary gospel/rock,
but I have little interest in Opera. I've been singing about
5 years, had private lessons for about 2 or so, but then my
teacher ran out of stuff to teach me, adn suggested i find
someone else. I've hade a few other lessons with different
teachers (male and female), but found it realy hard to find
someone who teaches the rock vocal im interested in. Other
local singers that have had lessons with classically based
teachers, have ended up sounding stron and healthy vocally,
but sounding very dated in style by todays standards.

I spend much time jamming with differnet musos of ameteur
(sp?) to pro quality, where improv adn your own style is a
big part of the gig. A lot of what I've learned has been "on
the job" therefore.

Are there any other rock vocalists on here, lurking? Anyone
doing orginal/cover material in a fairly modern style? Is
there another list for rock singers? Anyone?

As an indicator of my vocal style/tastes/interests: Mike
Patton, Chris Cornell, Dave Grohl, Ed K (Live), Scott
Weiland, Lane Staley, Jeff Buckley, Ben Harper etc etc

Thanks all.

Rodge

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
2535 Re: Coming out Marcia & Dean   Mon  6/19/2000   2 KB

emusic.com