Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lisa M Olson" <lisa_molson@m...>
Date:  Thu Jun 15, 2000  2:15 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary]Training Methods.

--

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000 09:13:08
Lloyd W. Hanson wrote:

>While this can be impressive, it has nothing to do with
>the performance style with which Garcia electrified Parisian audiences.
>Critics repeatedly mentioned Garcia's fire, his ease of movement on the
>stage, his 'gift of invention', his rhythmic sense, his speech-like delivery
>of recitative, the applause of the audience after his cadenzas. Being a
>true singing actor, Garcia knew how to hold the audience in the palm of his
>hand."

For those of you familiar with Wes Balk, doesn't this sound familiar (and of
course the improvisation - which changed the way I look at singing)! Thank you
Lloyd Hanson for the interesting information!!!!!

Lisa-Marie

Send FREE Greetings for Father's Day--or any day!
Click here: http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/fathers_day.rdct

emusic.com