Vocalist.org archive

From:  Craig Tompkins <craigtompkins@t...>
Date:  Wed Jun 14, 2000  7:56 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Repertoire List for Baritone and Organ

balley@m... wrote:

> I singing a recital in the Fall. The program is music for voice and organ.
> There is no piano at all. The first half will be solo organ music and I
> will sing on the second half.
>
> I am looking for suggestions about repertoire for the concert. I am an
> accomplished Baritone who has sung in many churches. I would appreciate any
> suggestions that you could give me.

Hi Bill:

I'm a bit behind in my emails but, here are some rep suggestions for baritone
and organ.
Speculum Vitae (Mirror of Life) by Flor Peeters, pub. by Peters, Tone Poem for
voice and organ in four movements.
Tre Canti Sacri by Alfredo Casella, pub. by Ed. Suvini Zerboni - Milano, for
baritone and organ.

These pieces are with piano, but I've heard them performed (very) successfully
with organ.
Trois Psaumes by Arthur Honneger, pub. by Salabert
Six English Lyrics by Malcolm Williamson, pub. by Josef Weinberger
In Flanders Fields, by Charles Ives

You might want to investigate more Ives and also check out the works of Daniel
Pinkham.

Good luck!!!!
Cheers,
Craig, Burnaby BC