Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Alain Zürcher" <az@c...>
Date:  Wed Jun 14, 2000  12:09 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Repertoire List for Baritone and Organ

Bill Alley wrote :

<< I singing a recital in the Fall. The program is music for voice and
organ. There is no piano at all. >>

What kind of organ? And what kind of music? Only written for organ,
excluding piano reductions, or even music written for piano?

In the excerpt from Simrock's catalog at the end of my copy of Brahms' "Vier
ernste Gesänge", an edition 1003c for "hoher Bass (Original) & Pianoforte
(Orgel)" is mentioned. I have always wondered if it was different from the
usual one I own. But even the usual piano score is not impossible to play on
a romantic organ.

As an encore (because it's not public domain ;-), I have sung "Chanson
épique" from Ravel's Don Quichotte with great success. It sounds great in a
church and on an organ!

| Alain Zürcher, Paris, France
| L'Atelier du Chanteur :
| http://chanteur.net