Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Cynthia Donnell" <csdonnell@m...>
Date:  Tue Jun 13, 2000  3:36 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] repertoire w/orchestra request

Wow, Lynda, I think it's MESSIAH time!  I don't have a score at home and have mayonnaise for brains right now, but look in the Christmas portion.  There are a couple of recits - including "And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly hosts."  That's alll followed by a chorus.  You have a couple of arias to choose from including 2 versions "Rejoice Greatly" and there are quite afew wonderful choruses.  Best of all the orchestra scores are readily available.   Check also the Saint-Saens Christmas oratoria.  There's a lovely soprano aria and there are choruses.

Have fun.
Cindy Donnell

I've been asked to sing with a Houston, TX area community orchestra with whom I have performed in the past.  The performance is their holiday concert in early December, and they've asked that the literature be appropriate to the season.  What the conductor has told me is that he needs:
1.  a piece for choir and orchestra,
2. a piece for soprano (me) and orchestra, and
3. a piece for soprano, choir, and orchestra...to make up a group in the second half of the concert.  Can anyone think of an appropriate work or group of works that might fit this bill?  Thanks for any ideas you might share.
Lynda Lacy, Soprano
emusic.com