Vocalist.org archive

From:  sopran@a...
Date:  Mon Jun 12, 2000  10:49 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Technique (was lieder for beginning singers (was: Ameling etc.))

In a message dated 6/12/00 2:31:23 PM, adinca@i... writes:

<< "The Rosa Ponselle Foundation announced the discontinuance of two
of its three competitions..." "Their actions were based on what
the Foundation views as 'the paucity of competent trainers in the
field, the decline in the technical and artistic achievements of
our young vocal talents... who, through no fault of their own, are
unable to be either competently or thoroughly trained.' " >>

Wouldn't a better (more productive) response to these conditions have been to
open the competitions to some older singers who have had more opportunity to
achieve the level of technical competence they are looking for? I'm sure
they're out there!

Just a thought.... ;-)

Judy

PS--I've always been suspicious of competitions, myself!

emusic.com