Vocalist.org archive

From:  Deborah Spencer <singsoprano2003@y...>
Date:  Thu Mar 13, 2003  9:09 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Problems with lower head voice

Hi Tina,
The best advice for this problem has been discussed over the last couple of
weeks. Try looking at the post's covering blending of the registers.
Hope these help.

"Tina M. Harris" <tinamharris@a...> wrote:Iım hoping someone can give me
some suggestions. Iım a soprano (my best
range is above C above Middle C) having to sing a solo with a choir that
lays in the octave above middle C for most of the piece. Iım finding
(especially when nervous) that I let my lower notes (E & F above middle C)
drop into my chest voice because Iım never sure how well they are going to
come out; then the adjustment back up is not as smooth as I would like it to
be. They work better when I focus on lowering my larynx. I would
appreciate any vocal tips that might assist me in finding more comfort and
consistency in those lower notes
--
Tina M. Harris
tinamharris@a...