Vocalist.org archive

From:  "j. linville" <stu40185@w...>
Date:  Tue Mar 11, 2003  9:49 pm
Subject:  rilevandosi - "A Sight in Camp"

I haven't posted in a while...I am a 19 year old baritone in college.

I am doing a piece, "A Sight in Camp" by Dom Thomas Symons, as part of a set
of songs with Jesus imagery. I am having a lot of trouble finding a
translation of one of the markings, rilevansodi. I tried two translation
sites, and both return "rilevandosi" as the English translation of the (I'm
assuming) Italian "rilevandosi." I then tried translating some Italian
sites on which the word appears and have gathered that it means "finding."
How this translates into a musical idea, I do not know.

Can anyone help me out with this word?

Thanks-

Jameson Linville

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
23238 Re: rilevandosi - "A Sight in Camp"Steve Fraserdstevenfraser Tue  3/11/2003
23239 NEEDED: Soprano or Tenor soloist, D.C. AreaKaren Mercedessingwiththespirit Tue  3/11/2003
23240 Re: [vocalist] NEEDED: Soprano or Tenor soloist, D.C. AreaCarolyn Kollercckoller Wed  3/12/2003
emusic.com