Vocalist.org archive

From:  "user3095d" <user3095d@y...>
Date:  Tue Mar 11, 2003  2:14 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] American Idol .... my first viewing of this debocle

So are you guys saying that when Simon was telling everyone during
the auditions they should never sing again, he is right? Even if some
of the conestants didn't have the best voices, could they not become
a lot better with practice and a teacher?

--- In vocalist-temporary@yahoogroups.com, Edward Norton
<belcantist2003@y...> wrote:

> Hi, Randy!
> Simon Cowell might indeed be correct, but it will hardly be his
correctness that will be remembered ten years out! Let's face the
facts! He is one rude son-of-a-biscuit-eater if there EVER was
one!
> Before the music school I was teaching at went bankrupt in January,
2003, many was the time a prospective parent would address me with
the words "And Mr. Norton, I MUST assume you'll not treat my little
Boocalicious in the rude manner of that obstreperous Brit on American
Idol..."! He appeared in the local paper with duct tape over his
mouth the other week. This is obviously a publicity stunt put forth
by the producers of that ridiculous show. Ridiculous does seem to be
the rule, tho, rather than the exception these days! I actually saw
one competition show in which women had to eat raw horse intestine,
this Simon character and women competing for "Joe Millionaire" in the
span of one week! We haven't even mentioned Jerry Springer!
> Cowell's memory will linger here, as will Ann Robertson's due to
the rudeness associated with it. Britain does, after all, have a
matched set!
> Ed
> buzzcen@a... wrote:In a message dated 2/27/2003 5:38:07 AM Central
Standard Time,