Vocalist.org archive

From:  IMuzicgoil@a...
Date:  Mon Mar 10, 2003  7:03 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Has anyone had fundoplication?

In a message dated 03/10/2003 6:01:19 AM PST, szy@n... writes:

<< He is very happy with the improvement for his reflux,
but has had to be rushed to the hospital on two occasions when his body
needed to regurgitate (food poisoning, flu) and he was unable to do so. >>

Lindsay~

I wanted to add my husband's experience with this. He's had the need to
throw up since his surgery and was able to do so just fine. I don't remember
the doctor saying this would be a potential problem, but I'd check it out
anyway. My husband's also very sensitive to anesthesia and medication of any
kind. My mom's husband, who also had the surgery, isn't sensitive to meds as
a whole, and he recovered much sooner than my husband did, despite being 35
years older than my hub. So, the medication probably had something to do
with this.

Glad I can help. : )

Vicki

emusic.com