Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Laura M" <cprcrnsongbird@h...>
Date:  Sat Mar 8, 2003  2:50 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] recommendations?

Jodie,

I am at the University of Tennessee - Knoxville. They have a great graduate
studio program. The school does a lot of work with the Knoxville Opera. We
have a lot of master classes, and guest coaches from professional companies
who come in to work with our students for a week. One we have on a regular
basis (once or twice a year) works with the Metropolitan Opera as a
coach/accompanist as well.

Our school Opera director is also director or artistic director of the Des
Moines summer program and was previously the artistic director at "the
point" in Arkansas for 15 years. Every graduate student gets weekly
coachings with staff. We have some really great voice teachers with really
great contacts. All of the facutly is very supportive, encouraging and
helping to each person become a successful artist.

Feel free to e-mail me privately if you wish. :-)

Laura