Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Ja-Naé" Duane <janae_duane@y...>
Date:  Fri Mar 7, 2003  3:04 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] how to get started

Well, before you audition for everything, you need to make sure you're
auditioning for something that suits you. I don't know your background, but my
first suggestion would be to find a voice teacher. Together, you two can
experiment and find repertoire that's right for you.
Then depending on what you've decided....start building your rep and find
musicians that want to jam. There are always ads in the paper or online for
people wanting to get together and jam, or even groups needing singers. You can
also ask around and put the word out. Word of mouth is a huge publicity
generator...so, use it.
That's just the beginning. Start there and keep us posted. I'm sure we all have
suggestions for every step of the way.
Ja-Nae
Check out: http://www.Ja-Nae.com
Buy Ja-Naé Merchandise: http://www.cafepress.com/janaeduane

jacquii_m <jacquii_m@y...> wrote:i am a 19 yr old female who has been
told my voice is unusal enough
to make an impact. i am very pale skinned with green eyes and
straight red hair and have been told affectionately that i sound 'as
black as the ace of spades'. as a novice i am seeking your advice as
to which area of music my voice would be best suited to. i have a
very deep voice but can reach relatively high pitched notes when in
full swing i am interested in jazz and bluez but have no idea if that
would be style most suited or even where to begin.does anyone out
there know where to look to see if there are any auditions coming up
or ca anyone give me any advice on how to getm started.

Up and Coming Renaissance woman, founder of the National Artistic Effort, social
activist, and expert self-promoter, Ja-Nae Duane, is taking the world by
storm.....one gig at a time. Check out: http://www.Ja-Nae.com
Buy Ja-Naé Merchandise: http://www.cafepress.com/janaeduane