Vocalist.org archive

From:  leskayc@a...
Date:  Fri Jun 9, 2000  11:31 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] TECH: Fast vibrato causes?

In a message dated 06/09/2000 8:48:57 AM Central Daylight Time,
LMorgan923@a... writes:

<< A straight tone can be sung in a healthy way under the right
circumstances. But again, I wouldn't try it in Wagner. >>

Forgive me, I'm sort of stupid on this subject, but tell me if I am
understanding this right: the lighter the music, the straighter the tone
(healthily)? This doesnt bother me as I have a light high voice without a
whole lot of vibrato anyway-not that I don;t have vibrato, it is just sort of
"balanced"-not too much or too little. However, this is a problem for my 17
year old-her voice is much larger and heavier than mine, and she has much
more vibrato. Is there a correlation between voice size and vibrato?

Leslie

emusic.com