Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Thu Mar 6, 2003  6:07 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Exercises for blending registers...

In a message dated 3/6/2003 11:50:12 AM Central Standard Time,
deliamay@h... writes:

> >That could be related to some edema related to reflux.
> >
> >randy buescher
> Oh my goodmess, what ???? Could you please explain how edema (where,
> on the cords ?)and reflux might allow me to take head voice down
> lower in the morning (i'm not talking about the upper break here, nor
> how low i can go in chest voice - THAT does get lower when i have a
> cold for instance) I'm not aware of having any reflux and would have
> thought that would give you a sore throat in the morning and the
> opposite effect.
> thanks, this is very interesting
> Delia

lower voices want to mix some head lower in the voice, if your voice is doing
that in the morning it could mean the mass of the folds has been increased
somewhat due to some reflux induced edema ... it's just a suggestion ... but
from my experience people who have the phenomenon where the break is lower or
the voice is lower in the morning reflux is often a factor

randy buescher

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
23128 Re: Exercises for blending registers...deliamayitdeliamayit Thu  3/6/2003
emusic.com