Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Wed Mar 5, 2003  5:17 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Blending Registers, Mezzo Hole In The Voice Issue

In a message dated 3/5/2003 10:57:50 AM Central Standard Time,
belcantist2003@y... writes:

> It sounds like the voice teacher has a point. I wouldn't throw the baby
> out with the bath water and start hunting for a new teacher yet. The
> "hole" issue comes usually from carrying the chest voice up too high.
> Back to those old "Developing Voices" lps from William Vennard's
> studio...Vennard has those singers doing yawn-sigh exercises (demoed on the
> lps with soprano, mezzo, tenor &bass students).

The problem is the opposite, going out of chest too early creates the
disconnect into something resembling falsetto, that's why you hear the flip.

randy buescher

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
23097 Re: Blending Registers, Mezzo Hole In The Voice IssueSteve Fraserdstevenfraser Wed  3/5/2003
23139 Re: Blending Registers, Mezzo Hole In The Voice IssueKaren Mercedessingwiththespirit Thu  3/6/2003
emusic.com