Vocalist.org archive

From:  "SMSchneider" <smschneider23@r...>
Date:  Wed Mar 5, 2003  1:36 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Motivation.

Ever read Ayn Rand? As I understand her philosophy, simply put, it is that
when one does what one does best, society is enriched. *Whatever* it is that
you do, whether it's pumping gas or building rocket ships or singing opera,
if it's what the heart calls you to strive to do your best at, humanity is
better for it. Maybe you could think of it this way: we are all part of the
same Being. Strengthening (by being as competent and passionate as you are
able) one small part of the Being helps to strengthen the whole Body.

I don't know - that metaphor just occurred to me now. Maybe it's a little
spacey . . .

Susan

emusic.com