Vocalist.org archive

From:  "moon_palace_1 <moon_palace_1@y...&ulGvQ>moon_palace_1@y...
Date:  Mon Mar 3, 2003  8:31 pm
Subject:  Re: New member + question

Hi!

Actually you (Ingo) put my question much better than I did myself:

..."I wonder how much is driven by the physical
maturation process of the voice vs. the training."

Some people say: it doesn't matter when you start to study, you are
always at baby-stage voice-wise no matter how old you are when you
start. Which means, it is not easier to tell a 25-year old student
who is a beginner what he/she will be singing in five years time,
than it is to tell a 20-year beginner what he/she will be singing in
5 years time.

I too think one shouldn't worry too much about the future etc., but
ask this question more out of curiosity, and because I wonder about
voice development/age/maturation processes.

Cheers,
S.

emusic.com