Vocalist.org archive

From:  Dean FH Macy <deanmacy@m...>
Date:  Fri Jun 9, 2000  5:20 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] How harmful is Sneezing??

Trevor Allen wrote:

> I have a very big sneeze, not by my own choosing, and when I do sneeze, it
> usually comes in a group of 4 or 5. Is all this sneezing harming my vocal
> chords?

Not if you don't phonate. I have sneezed in groups of 7 and 8 for over 55 years
and my voice has only improved. But I learned at an early age not to phonate
while sneezing.

--
Dean FH Macy, Lit.D./Mus.D.

"Specializing in Management of exceptionally talented youth in Music"
<http://www.newenglandtalent.org> EPI Records - NetWork Films
<http://stations.mp3s.com/stations/3/epilogue_recording_artists.html>

"Making children do something they don't want to do is the job of the parents.
If that doesn't work, there are always juvenile detention centers." - Mike R. -

emusic.com