Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Sat Mar 1, 2003  7:11 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] stuff you do with your lips?

Oh thank you so much for asking Diane. :)
needless to say this confused me for ages as well.

For me lip buzzes are the sweet little things you do
so that they literally buzz and if there is a small sound, then
as I understand it, the larynx and the lips are balanced and
doing the same gentle vibration. By this beautiful exercise
I find all aspects of my production move into a
normal healthy onset without needing to resort to the onset
exercises. I am strongly of the opinion that onset exercises
done improperly will ruin your day. Hahahaha.

Lip Trills. Again this, ...as I understand it is what you get
if you hold the middle and index fingers of your left hand
so that the cheeks are held against the mid side of your
teeth and perform a rude largish lip burble.
Not a buzz, a rude burble I say.
If this activity can be of benefit to me without actually
dissipating my vocal enthusiasm, I'd very much
appreciating being shown the way and I know if anyone
can do it you are the one Diane. xx. :)

Regards Reg.

emusic.com