Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
Date:  Sat Mar 1, 2003  2:13 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Support and Lowered Larynx

Dear Patrick and Vocalisters:

Yes, the exercise I suggested (it is not by any means, my exercise)
is intended to provide a balance between the sub-glottal pressure on
the vocal folds versus the supra glottal pressure. As such , it
resembles the lip trill exercise in intent. In my opinion it avoids
the excessive breath flow that is required by the lip trill exercise.
The excessive breath flow which is common with the lip trill exercise
tends to create a situation of increased tension and, in effect,
encourages excessive air flow over the vocal folds which I consider
unnecessary and, if continued, possibly counterproductive for
efficient vocal fold phonation.

--
Lloyd W. Hanson

emusic.com