Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Margaret L. Harrison" <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Fri Feb 28, 2003  5:03 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Please read!

alex69rox@y... wrote:
> I am a student. I have been taking voice lessons for 5 1/2 months, I was
wondering, How much of voice lessons are a curriculum, how much is
individualized? Another words. Does everybody learn the same exact thing in
voice lessons, or does everybody learn how to sing based on their own individual
voice and situation? Thanx!

I believe the basic principles of good vocal technique are the same for
everyone, but how the teacher works with particular student in identifying how
to work on the individual student's issues varies from teacher to teacher and
student to student. If you've ever taken private lessons in a complicated
athletic activity, like tennis or golf, you can get an idea of how teaching will
vary based on the needs of the student and the style and background of the
teacher. (After all, a significant amount of time on an entire cable channel -
The Golf Channel - is devoted to different ways to learn golf!)

Peggy

Peggy

Margaret Harrison, Alexandria, Virginia, USA.

emusic.com