Vocalist.org archive

From:  Edward Norton <belcantist2003@y...>
Date:  Thu Feb 27, 2003  8:22 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] American Idol .... my first viewing of this debocle

Hi, Randy!
Simon Cowell might indeed be correct, but it will hardly be his correctness that
will be remembered ten years out! Let's face the facts! He is one rude
son-of-a-biscuit-eater if there EVER was one!
Before the music school I was teaching at went bankrupt in January, 2003, many
was the time a prospective parent would address me with the words "And Mr.
Norton, I MUST assume you'll not treat my little Boocalicious in the rude manner
of that obstreperous Brit on American Idol..."! He appeared in the local
paper with duct tape over his mouth the other week. This is obviously a
publicity stunt put forth by the producers of that ridiculous show. Ridiculous
does seem to be the rule, tho, rather than the exception these days! I
actually saw one competition show in which women had to eat raw horse intestine,
this Simon character and women competing for "Joe Millionaire" in the span of
one week! We haven't even mentioned Jerry Springer!
Cowell's memory will linger here, as will Ann Robertson's due to the rudeness
associated with it. Britain does, after all, have a matched set!
Ed
buzzcen@a... wrote:In a message dated 2/27/2003 5:38:07 AM Central Standard
Time,
belcantist2003@y... writes:

> Agreed! I must however add that Cowell is the quintessential rude
> individual of the free world and seems to delight in it.

Simon's opinions are usually very accurate most of the time. While he plays
it up for the camera in his criticism, and praise, he is usually right on.
What he is saying is what any senior a&r rep would say, it's just not on TV.
Simon is actually introducing the world to the music industry and how rough
it is ... which it is. If telling the truth makes you rude, then he's rude.
One other note, 10 years from now, no one will remember any singer from this
show, they will remember Simon. Therefore, he is another word that rhymes
with rude ... shrewd.

randy buescher

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22970 Re: American Idol .... my first viewing of this debacleJeffrey Snider <snide76258@y...>snide76258 Fri  2/28/2003
23224 Re: American Idol .... my first viewing of this debocleuser3095duser3095d Tue  3/11/2003
emusic.com