Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Thu Feb 27, 2003  5:24 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] American Idol .... my first viewing of this debocle

In a message dated 2/26/2003 3:50:25 PM Central Standard Time,
michael.gum@d... writes:

> All I can say is that I cannot believe the mouths on some of these
> contestants ... they are nowhere singers trying to make it .. and the
> judges are looking for a needle in a haystack .. and wether they are
> looking for that needle or not .. they have Professional opinions ..
> and seem to get no respect from some of these people .. all I can say
> is ....
>
> This show is a joke .. the contestants should head to the trenches
> with the rest of us working our tails off ....
>
> just my 2 pennys

I saw about 2 hours of last year's show and about 1 hour of this year's show
and this year's contestants are very combative with the judges (one guys's
dad even came out on stage to defend his son). They are making a serious
mistake. Even if they don't win, other a&r reps are watching this show.
They will not sign these kids if they have an attitude... I can guarantee you
this.

Randy Buescher

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22914 Re: American Idol .... my first viewing of this debocleEdward Nortonbelcantist2003 Thu  2/27/2003
emusic.com