Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Steve Fraser <Steve.Fraser@j...
Date:  Wed Feb 26, 2003  6:59 pm
Subject:  Spectrographic Analyzers [ was Pharyngeal space ]

--- In vocalist-temporary@yahoogroups.com, "Lloyd W. Hanson"
<lloyd.hanson@n...> wrote about the counterproductive results of
attempts to produce 'pharyngeal space', and recommended emphasis on
the vowel.

Hi, Listers!

Though I have known more rudimentary (or more expensive) examples
them for a few years, some excellent PC and MAC software is now
available (some even FREE) so that you and your students can explore
the objective reality of overtones and vocal tract formants. While I
am not quite ready to post a full review/report and to recommend a
pedagogical approach to their use, I have found enough in a few hours
web searching to feel confident that these tools can be of productive
use in the studio and practice room.

A request to you all: If you are using these kinds of tools already,
would you tell the rest of the list what products you are using, and
specifically how you incorporate them into your own practice or
studio work.

Best Regards,

Steven Fraser

emusic.com