Vocalist.org archive

From:  Deborah Spencer <singsoprano2003@y...>
Date:  Wed Feb 26, 2003  6:23 am

I am curious about any comments people may have about the concept of "Support"
in singing.

There seems to be two schools of thought here, one being that support includes a
full lung of air supposed downward pressure and expansion of the lungs. The
other is a full lung of air and expansion of lungs with a contraction of muscels
in the region of lower abs. I think they are called transverse obliques and one
other group of muscles that I just forget the name of at present.

Does anyone have any opinions about these? Has anyone heard of them? and what is
their opinion of them?

We also have a sudden rush of teachers here back into descending larynx. And
very dropped jaws any opinions on these things anybody?

---------------------------------
- Exchange IMs with Messenger friends on your Telstra or Vodafone mobile phone.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22858 Support and Lowered LarynxDavid Grogan  Wed  2/26/2003
22860 Re: Support and Lowered LarynxEarl Presleyretromusician Wed  2/26/2003
22864 Re: Support and Lowered LarynxDavid Grogan  Wed  2/26/2003
22885 Re: Support and Lowered LarynxEarl Presleyretromusician Thu  2/27/2003
22889 Re: Support and Lowered LarynxDavid Grogan  Thu  2/27/2003
22872 Re: Support and Lowered LarynxDeborah Spencersingsoprano2003 Wed  2/26/2003
22881 Re: Support and Lowered LarynxReg Boyletranquil2404 Wed  2/26/2003
22931 Re: Support and Lowered Larynxlestaylor2003 <LesTaylor@a...>lestaylor2003 Thu  2/27/2003
22961 Re: Support and Lowered LarynxLloyd W. Hansonlwh1 Fri  2/28/2003
emusic.com