Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Cynthia Donnell" <csdonnell@m...>
Date:  Sun Feb 23, 2003  11:29 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Admittance to Music Programs

Dear singfan,
We'll need more information than you give us in order to answer your
questions.
*What's your name?
*How old are you?
*Do you read music?
*Do you play an instrument?
*What is your vocal and musical background?
*What are your musical goals?
*What are your career goals?
*Where do you live?
*Do you want to/are you willing to go to an out of state school?
Cindy Donnell

I am interested in applying for acceptance to a music performance
program concentration in voice at either a college/conserv.

What is some advice that will help me when applying and auditioning
for such programs?

Also, I have read on a few of the websites that they refer auditions
in person, but does this mean that there are less chances of being
admitted by just sending in a tape?

Also, are there any particular colleges/conserv. that you have had a
good experience with or have visited and were happy with what you had
seen or have attended?

Music is my life! I have realized that I have to stop getting
sidetracked by majoring in anything else! This is the only way that I
am going to be truly happy in life!

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22849 Re: Admittance to Music Programssingingfan <singfan@m...>singingfan Tue  2/25/2003
emusic.com