Vocalist.org archive

From:  Roger Smith <roger@c...>
Date:  Fri Jun 9, 2000  1:41 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] When I wake up

thanks all for advice/comments

I am a fairly extroverted and so my speaking voice is fairly
dynamic anyway. i think the bady still being fairly relaxed
from sleeping is probably the biggest key reason why it's
easier in the morning. the only thing that ticks me off
about that though is all my gigs/badn rehersals are at
night, up till midnight or so. oh well.

Rodge

"Lisa M. Stachowicz" wrote:

> When I first started teaching voice lessons, I found I was having a hard
> time singing at the end of the day - but could sing for everyone during
> their lessons to give examples, etc. Then, I discovered I was wearing my
> voice out by the way I was talking. I had a fairly monotonous speaking
> voice and it wore me out!
>
> Once I realized this, I tried to play with the nature of my speech patterns,
> I would raise and lower the pitch of my voice, and it helped tremendously.
> Now, I can sing at any time of the day with no problems, even after a day of
> teaching lessons.
>
> So, I would recommend you exam what kind of speaking voice you have and try
> to evaluate why you might be having problems singing at the end of the day.
> Then work on your speech patterns and see if changing things a bit could
> help.
>
> Good luck to you!
>
> Lisa M. Stachowicz
> Dramatic Soprano and Voice Teacher