Vocalist.org archive

From:  Graham Sanders <tenore_di_forza@w...>
Date:  Sat Feb 22, 2003  9:06 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Pharyngeal space

Thanks Lloyd good post. I can offer an exercise, which helps raise the soft
palette in an natural way: Basically a scale, but in the following order:

CCD DDE EEF FFG GGA AAB BBC CCB BBA AAG GGF FFE EED DDC with KI KA KE, KI KA
KO, KI KA KE, KI KA KO etc.

BTW, it was originally used to get good diction while singing legato, the
complete exercise is to use all consonants, and change consonants after each
set of 3. This exercise came to me from Herbert Cessari via a pupil of his.

Ciao,

Graham

Heldentenor
gsanders@h...
gsanders@b...
www.heldentenor.org

Tel: +49 (0)421 417-2349
Fax: +49 (0)421 417-2348
Mobile: +49 (0)172 566-5754

Important:

Someone has been using my email address to send junk emails. For this
reason I trust you will understand that, for your own and my protection, I
rule out the legal validity of the foregoing statements and comments.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22817 Re: Pharyngeal spaceSteve Fraser <Steve.Fraser@j...>dstevenfraser Sat  2/22/2003
22819 Re: Pharyngeal spaceGraham Sandersgrahamsanders.geo Sat  2/22/2003
emusic.com