Vocalist.org archive

From:  Edward Norton <belcantist2003@y...>
Date:  Fri Feb 21, 2003  11:42 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] MB "queen for a day"

Hi, Michelle!
Nathan Lane is out, but word has it that he's a real "temperamental prima
donna"! Of course the original temperamental prima donna was Australia's own
Dame Nellie Melba! Melba's rude behavior has become legendary, in spite of a
whitewashing by a PBS miniseries shown here back in the 80s. Lane recently
agreed to do a charity appearance in the NYC area and the promoter worked for
weeks on getting him into their lineup! At the last minute Lane tried to wus
out on this appearance leaving the promoter high and dry. The promoter then
informed Lane he'd lose his job if Lane refused to show. Lane could have cared
less! Fame has gone straight (OOPS!) to Lane's head!
We take it for granted here that you in Australia (and Great Britain as well)
see all of our tv (the PBS stuff like the Melba miniseries and major network
stuff like The Music Man remake) proably because we see alot of British tv here!
A good deal of the stuff we see here, tho, is decades old (i.e. "Are You Being
Served?" (which includes a performance by a supposedly straight British actor of
a queen that makes any effort of MB, Lane or Preston PALE by comparison!),
"Keeping Up Appearances", "Eastenders", "To The Manor Born", etc, etc. It
really is sad that our countries don't do more in the way of sharing of the tv
stuff!
Ed

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22810 Re: MB "queen for a day"Reg Boyletranquil2404 Sat  2/22/2003
emusic.com