Vocalist.org archive

From:  Erica Zweig <ezweig@e...>
Date:  Thu Feb 20, 2003  11:42 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] AUDITION: Emergency need for a G&S Baritone, SF Bay Area

Dear Liz and Mr. Marlucci:
It has been a while since I lived in the Bay Area, but
Frank Farris might be an excellent choice. Last I knew,
he was a Math Professor at University of Santa Clara.
He and I sang in an Offenbach operetta at CSUHayward
years ago and he has extensive G&S experience, a
beautiful voice and handsome besides!
--Erica

Quoting Elizabeth Finkler <mightymezzo@h...>:

> Hey gang:
>
> This is from Ken Malucci, who is the stage director
for my upcoming
> "Mikado."
>
> Liz

> Dear Friends:
>
> I am in urgent need of a Captain Corcoran, for the
Pinafore I'm
> directing at Lyric San Jose! The fellow who was going
to do it
> has had to depart the show, mid-rehearsal period, for
extenuating
> circumstances, and we are truly sorry he is having to
leave!

> For those of you unfamiliar with the role, the Captain
is a high
> baritone role with lots of solos and duets, etc.; it's
a fairly
> good-sized role. He's the elegant father of Josephine
(the sop-
> rano lead), seemingly engaged to Sir Joseph Porter, a
goofy admiral
> (the comic patter lead), but secretly in love with
Rafe Rackstraw,
> a lowly sailor (the tenor lead) aboard her father's
ship, HMS Pin-
> afore.
>
> The show plays the last two weekends in March at the
beautiful
> Montgomery Theatre, downtown San Jose, will be fully
staged
> (costumes, etc.) and accompanied by a 21-piece orchestra.
>
> Staging rehearsals have commenced, just this week. I
can give
> whoever is interested the full details, including the
complete
> rehearsal schedule and all the staging directions, via
e-mail,
> when they contact me. There is no pay, but that's
probably no
> news to most of you.
>
> Hope to hear from somebody ASAP!
>
> Thanks for helping spread the word,
> KM
>

> Elizabeth Finkler
> San Jose, California
> mightymezzo@h...
> http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo
>
> "We got guns, they got guns, all God's chillun got
guns!" -- The Marx
> Brothers, "Duck Soup"

> http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid963

emusic.com