Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lee Morgan" <LMorgan923@t...>
Date:  Thu Feb 20, 2003  12:35 am
Subject:  RE: Re: [vocalist] Musid Man - Barbershop Quartet

>>And I tuned in too late to hear that marvelous train number, which I think
may be the most innovative thing that composer ever did<<

Ooh, that was something that annoyed me when I saw it. I think the opening
train number is just brilliant - one of the most innovative, interesting
opening numbers in the history of the musical. And one of the things that
makes it so brilliant is that it's unaccompanied. It really takes a great
sense of rhythm and tempo for the people doing it. AND THEY ADDED
ACCOMPANIMENT!!!!!!! They couldn't just trust the material. Made me crazy.

Lee Morgan
Mezzo-soprano

emusic.com