Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Marie-Claire Silon" <musiclaire@h...>
Date:  Wed Feb 19, 2003  9:45 pm
Subject:  Breaking voices in the passaggio area

I wonder about if, besides individual physiological differences, there is a
reason for breaking voices (or not) in the passagio area. There are students
who, during the development of their voices, hardly feel this problem, and
there are others who “suffer” even for a long time. Maybe the way they do
it? Maybe excessive singing in chest voice? I realize that we notify it when
the voice is “growing” during the vocal work time, and not before. Is there
something we can do to avoid or to minimize it? Thank you very much, and
once again, sorry for my English.
Marie-Claire