Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Margaret L. Harrison" <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Wed Feb 19, 2003  6:31 pm
Subject:  Re: Re: [vocalist] Musid Man - Barbershop Quartet

No - I didn't mean to imply that. Broderick I don't believe is gay (he's
married to Sarah Jessica Parker of Sex and the City, and they just had a child),
and I don't think he reads as gay - just very mild-mannered, almost nerdish.
The perfect role for him was in that movie Election with Reese Witherspoon,
where he played this nerdy HS social studies teacher.

I was referring to one poster's negative reaction to Robert Preston which I
speculated could be due to Preston's much more recent and popular turn as the
gay friend of Julie Andrews in Victor Victoria. I loved that performance at the
time, because I thought it was one of the first portrayals of a homosexual man
in film where the guy didn't appear or act like a homosexual stereotype.

Frankly, after Trouble, I watched Kristin's first number, then 76 Trombones
turned it off, because I couldn't take MB's performance. So I missed the ladies
as chickens number. And I tuned in too late to hear that marvelous train number,
which I think may be the most innovative thing that composer ever did - I drew a
blank on the name, which will come to me as soon as I hit "send". Doesn't it
start with an M? Ah, there it is - Meredith Wilson!

Peggy