Vocalist.org archive

From:  "David Grogan" <dgrogan@e...>
Date:  Wed Feb 19, 2003  4:49 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] The Music Man

Karen,
Great list. I would only add Harrison Ford.

David Grogan
Longview, Texas

Remembering that Harold Hill is as much of a singing role as King Arthur
is in CAMELOT, I can think of a number of actors who could have played
this charming, fast-talking con man with far more elan and credibility
than Matthew Broderick. Just off the top of my head:

Kevin Kline*
Mel Gibson
Leonardo DiCaprio
John Travolta*
Christopher Walken*
Will Smith (he can rap - which is good enough for this role)
Kenneth Branagh*
Jim Carrey (proved he can sing on the Larry Sanders show in '98)

*have musical theatre credits under their belts

Karen Mercedes
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html
Modern methods of production have given us
the possibility of ease and security for
all; we have chosen, instead, to have over-
work for some and starvation for the others.
- Bertrand Russell, IN PRAISE OF IDLENESS

emusic.com