Vocalist.org archive

From:  Erica Zweig <ezweig@e...>
Date:  Wed Feb 19, 2003  5:32 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] The Music Man

I only saw the opening scene, but I also thought Kristin Chenowith
sounded very nasal, waiting until she could break into her light,
clear-as-bells (there's a pun in there somewhere, Marian) notes.
Overall, she and Broderick did sound as if the score had been pitched
higher. My impression is that I would have preferred hearing each of
them--in some other roles. But to me, both Preston and Jones (and let
us not forget my beloved Hermione Ginggold) gave signature performances.
Just my two cents!
--Erica

Leslie Christopher wrote:

>The only thing...is that in a certain part of her voice she sounds nasal....Her
upper range was gorgeous, very round and warm

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22749 Re: The Music Manlestaylor2003 <LesTaylor@a...>lestaylor2003 Wed  2/19/2003
22768 Re: The Music ManLee Morgan  Thu  2/20/2003
emusic.com