Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Sharon Szymanski" <szy@n...>
Date:  Wed Feb 19, 2003  1:50 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] The Music Man

I saw parts of it and thought Kristin Chenowith was a very good as
Marion the librarian. I would consider her an example of someone
who, while not an opera singer, certainly has a trained voice and has
some versatility in how she applies her singing talents.

Michael:
My husband and I watched the first part and both remarked, when she
began singing, "Is that really her voice?" It sounded almost too good,
but that might have been due to recording enhancement. IF indeed, it is
her real voice, she is a wonderful example to our teenaged students of a
great "legit" broadway sound. I enjoyed what I watched, but just
couldn't enjoy Matthew Broderick in the main role. I think my mind
simply can't handle any substitutes for Robert Preston, who seemed so
perfect in the original movie.

Sharon Szymanski

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22736 Re: The Music ManMichael <chosdad@y...>chosdad Wed  2/19/2003