Vocalist.org archive

From:  Cindi Waters <musicteachky@y...>
Date:  Tue Feb 18, 2003  8:08 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Children's Voice Class Repertoire

Hi, Leslie. I have also enjoyed our discussion very much, and thank you for it.
I am going to order the Hal Leonard songs for kids (Broadway and otherwise)
because they have very excellent piano accompaniments and I AM a pianist of
sorts, but the kids can take the cd's home and sing their hearts out. Only I
wish that someone would produce an elementary style songbook with fabulous
accompaniments, too, I mean folksongs or even nursery style songs. Let me know
more about that if you come across anything, I will, too, and I will look up the
Jay Althouse folksong book, although I got one of his and felt that the songs
were too mature for grade school kids, they're better for high school soloists,
in my opnion. Cindi

emusic.com