Vocalist.org archive

From:  Leslie Christopher <leskayc@y...>
Date:  Sat Feb 15, 2003  11:32 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Children's Voice Class Repertoire

Cindi,

The book with the art work sound so interesting....when you get back to school
would you mind sending me the title? I am no visual artist but I do love art
and the idea of blending it with music sounds like a dessert to me!

Thank you!

Leslie

Cindi Waters <musicteachky@y...> wrote:
Hi, Leslie. I wish I had a folk book appropriate for 9-12 year olds. I do have
Hal Leonard's book of songs for children with famous art work next to the songs
and invariably these kids ask to do a song from there even if they don't know
it; they just love the art! It's interesting... I can't remember the name right
now and it's at the school. Because the songs are classic folk songs, I'm happy
with that. But aside from that, I don't have a book of folk songs, although I
see from the Hal Leonard website that they have a rather expensive ($35) Kodaly
folksong book, but it seems to be designed for teachers to use. It probably has
most songs I want. The Hal Leonard website has a very thorough catalog online, I
just checked it and has some songbooks, but my problem is: I'd love to have a
good accompanying CD with that with GOOD singers that's not too expensive. A
hard package to design, I suppose, cause I haven't found it out there yet. They
have a book called THE FOLKSONGS BOOK 133 Songs from Around the World, and the
songlist seems very good, but it has easy guitar chords, seens not a piano score
for accompaniment. It's easy enough I suppose to supply the piano chords, but
I'll keep looking for the book with a good piano score, although that one might
have to do. The cd's that go along with the songs for kids for the Hal Leonard
line are really for solos but they're very good. Meantime, Hal Leonard should
seriously consider making a decent songbook for kids with the same type quality
accompaniments they do for the other items they have. Thanks for your reply, I
hope mine wasn't TOO long, and I look forward to hearing from you again. Cindi

---------------------------------

---------------------------------

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22703 Re: Children's Voice Class RepertoireCindi Watersmusicteachky Sun  2/16/2003
22707 Re: Children's Voice Class RepertoireLeslie Christopher  Sun  2/16/2003
22726 Re: Children's Voice Class RepertoireCindi Watersmusicteachky Tue  2/18/2003
23007 ATTN: Music Ed Folks--Summer Program theme?Leslie Christopherleskayc Sat  3/1/2003
23009 Re: ATTN: Music Ed Folks--Summer Program theme?Karen Mercedessingwiththespirit Sun  3/2/2003
23016 Motivation.Reg Boyletranquil2404 Mon  3/3/2003
23020 Re: Motivation.Cindi Watersmusicteachky Mon  3/3/2003
23027 Re: Motivation.Colin Reedcolinreeduk Mon  3/3/2003
23047 Re: Motivation.Reg Boyletranquil2404 Mon  3/3/2003
emusic.com