Vocalist.org archive

From:  Leslie Christopher <leskayc@y...>
Date:  Fri Feb 14, 2003  11:00 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] classical music today...

Dear Listers:
I have to agree with Lloyd and Pat. Opera is alive and well in North Carolina,
but I'll readily admit that in the land of tobacco spittin' rednecks, bel canto
fares roughly here!

Well, if it is dead please don't tell the people of Huntsville, Alabama, because
they are under the impression that the performers of Huntsville Opera Theater
and Ars Nova School of the Arts are living and breathing and worth going to
hear! And we have our share of rednecks here also!

And based on what is happening in the studio where I study and teach, the study
of classical singing is most definitely alive, as we have more students than
ever and many of them young teenagers!

Leslie

emusic.com