Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Nande ." <divananny@h...>
Date:  Fri Feb 14, 2003  4:14 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: magazines???

******
Naomi wrote:
Also I took a hard look at where my jobs were coming from, and they were not
coming from the CS listings but from working my own contacts, etc.
******

Hi Naomi and list,

Thanks for your input...

Personally, I'm not that keen on superficiality (sp?) as well, I think real
in-depth information is the key to a well-read (by professionals or at least
serieus people) magazine....

About the audition-info: I think personal contacts are THE way to get the
best jobs. But: I also think that 'hiring parties' (companies, festivals,
etc.) should make it more clear that they are auditioning, so that they get
more candidates and singers have more oportunities.
I have no idea how it works in other countries, but my profesional friends
have a hard time finding auditions. It's mostly advertised mouth-to-mouth or
through posters. No website, paper, anything, with substantial
audition-information. The only 'companies' which widely advertise their
auditions are the highly commercial musical-theatre-producers we have
here.....
I think this can lead to 'easy choices'; people we already know get the job.
maybe it already has, but I'm on thin ice here as I have no personal
experience with this. (so I won't make any more assumptions)

Thanks again,
Nande

Chatten met je online vrienden via MSN Messenger. http://messenger.msn.nl/

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date