Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Nande" <divananny@h...>
Date:  Wed Feb 12, 2003  10:45 pm
Subject:  Reading magazines

Dear List,

Since the majority of this list live in the US (where I know are plenty (?)
magazines on the vocal subject) , I'd like to ask you:
Do you read any magazines about singing? And if so: what is your main reason
to do so? (To keep up, to learn about auditions, things like that) Also: If
you don't read these magazines or if you're from a country where there just
are no such magazines (holland (my country) is one of them!) what would you
like to see in a magazine on singing? would you like to see one specific on
one style (like Classical Singer), ore one more general. ... well i'm full
of questions, so please give me all the information you can... ;-)

The reason I'm asking this is because, as I've mentioned before, In my
country there is no magazine for the (semi) professional or (advanced)
amateur singer. Not for classical singers, nor for other styles. I really
think the singing world would benefit from having a regular means of
communication on all kinds of voice-related subjects.

Any input you can give me is really welcome, I might just decide to start my
own magazine!

Kind regards and thanks in advance,
Nande

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22676 Re: Reading magazinesElizabeth Finkler  Fri  2/14/2003
emusic.com