Vocalist.org archive

From:  "lestaylor2003 <LesTaylor@a...
Date:  Tue Feb 11, 2003  1:50 pm
Subject:  Re: Is there a "mix-falsetto" thing

Dear Ed et al,
I am fairly certain that Everett Anderson, my teacher in graduate
school USF Tampa, studied with William Vennard. He used the yawn-sigh
in nearly every lesson he gave to both men and women. He also used a
sob-like descending siren that was quite effective.
Ed: This technique is demonstrated by Vennard in a collection of lps
with a booklet of text that was published by Carl Fischer
entitled "Developing Voices".
It would be a simple matter for Fischer to burn a CD and re-print the
book. If they did, I'd buy it. I think I'm going to e-mail them and
ask. Hey, it couldn't hurt. I'm also looking for video/DVD/CD/Audio
tape, what-have-you of the workshops of Richard Miller. Anybody "out
there" who knows how I can get these, please let me know. I figure
it's good to learn from the "best in class" and use what we can from
them.
Regards,
Les

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22576 Re: Is there a "mix-falsetto" thingEdward Nortonbelcantist2003 Tue  2/11/2003
emusic.com