Vocalist.org archive

From:  "trixxe2003 <moles@s...
Date:  Mon Feb 10, 2003  8:00 pm
Subject:  struggling pauper

Hello everyone,
I am very happy to have found this chat/message board. I have been
looking for a while now and I just stumbled upon it searching for
voice exercises. In reading some of the entries, It seems that the
members are quite experienced singers. I am not. I am a 32 year old
female who just started singing in a band a year ago. All through out
my life, nothing has made me feel so free and happy then singing. I
did sing with a group of friends off and on but never thought I could
actually do it alone, especially in front of people. When I turned
thirty something happened, I started writting lyrics and songs and I
took a chance and agreed to sing backup for a friend of mine ( on
stage!!!!. Then I started my own band , almost a year ago. Things are
going very well except, I don't feel that my voice is very
consistent. One practise I can sing with no problem and the next I'm
struggling. I have taken some voice lessons in the passed but really
didn't fell that they helped me . Of coarse I didn't attend for long
because I don't have the money. I sing all the time. I guess my
question is, How do I become a more consistent and stong singer while
keeping a pretty limited budget?

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22572 Re: struggling pauperChristine Thomasmezzoid Tue  2/11/2003
22577 Re: struggling pauperEdward Nortonbelcantist2003 Tue  2/11/2003
22598 Re: struggling paupertrixxe2003 <moles@s...>trixxe2003 Wed  2/12/2003
22573 Re: struggling pauperNaomi Gurt Lind  Tue  2/11/2003
22599 Re: struggling paupertrixxe2003 <moles@s...>trixxe2003 Wed  2/12/2003
22606 Re: struggling pauperJean Marie Hendersonjeaniebean77 Wed  2/12/2003
22632 Re: struggling pauperkriswrite@a...vintageconnection Thu  2/13/2003
emusic.com