Vocalist.org archive

From:  "razor8882003 <decentefsci@h...
Date:  Mon Feb 10, 2003  8:23 pm
Subject:  [vocalist] Re: Is there a "mix-falsetto" thing?

Firstly,i'd like to apologize for not saying my name.So,my name is
Jonas.

I've read all posts very carefully,so please let me tell you what
happens with me.

I also have that pure falsetto which i can also bring down in my
range(around C3).

I can also extend my chest voice untill B4-C5.The sound is loud
(though thick and rich without some change in timbre) and the vowels
sound covered and strained.It seems that the sound fills the upper
and back part of my throat.With this voice i can't sing softly at
all.

Today,i discovered that "mix-falsetto" which i produce by
falsetto "transferring" the sound up and left in my head.
When i achieve that i hear a "click" in that area while i also feel
there the sound.I must say that with this voice my range is not
connected while the change in timbre (from chest) is obvious.It may
sounds pretty,but being myself a bass-baritone, that change in
timbre is a problem.

By the way,do you think that i could add some chest to that kind of
voice,so that the mix to occur?

Thanks for once more.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22542 Re: Is there a "mix-falsetto" thing?Michael <chosdad@y...>chosdad Mon  2/10/2003