Vocalist.org archive

From:  "dianalynn79 <dianalynn79@y...
Date:  Mon Feb 10, 2003  6:54 am
Subject:  How to do vibrato

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting here. I am aware that vibrato has been
discussed before. I used the search engine above to find the answers
I've been looking for and I didn't find anything. The majority of
the posts talks about what a vibrato is, how it comes naturally, be
patient, or how they don't want it. I think it's beautiful depending
on how you use it and how pretty you make it sound.

I know that several posts said that it will come naturally. But, how
do you know if you've achieved it and properly. Now I have read up
on the vibrato for the past couple of days. Okay, now my question.
What exercises can you do everyday in order to achieve it? There has
to be some kind of exercises you can do. What do I do sing everyday
until it comes to me? Do you all have some website or know of some
books that contains exercises that I can do to achieve the vibrato?

A while back someone mentioned that Kelly Clarkson had no vibrato. I
disagree. When Kelly sung "Before Your Love", she sung it
beautifully. Although, she does abuse her voice with the screaming.
Okay, I don't know if anyone has a tape of her singing, but at the
very end of the song the last words are 'before your love'. When she
sings the word "before", there is a vibrato when she sings it. It is
a vibrato? At least I thought it was.

By the way, if you don't want to write down stuff you've previously
written, you can search for you post and just give me a bunch of post
numbers and I can read up on it. I will also like website addresses,
books, and anything advice you can give me.

Diana

emusic.com