Vocalist.org archive

From:  LesTaylor@a...
Date:  Sun Feb 9, 2003  11:31 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Pavarotti Mezzo Falso

Thanks for taking the time to post your exercises. It was very brave and
generous of you. I understand, of course, that adjustments must be made for
individual voices and that in most cases a demonstration is worth a thousand
words. I find it interesting that where you use an "F", I use a "V". Most of
the time I restrict the vowel to a schwa but for the sake of variety will go
with an "oo" or "oh". Although the interval is not quite the same, I too use
what I call the "Wisard of Oz" exercise "oh-ee-oh". You can't beat lip
trills, voiced and unvoiced for just about anything, including dealing with
the passaggi. I have noticed that in the upper transition area, the partials
just seem to go nuts, in fact they often overwhelm the fundamental. Many of
my students tell me that they experience this too (and no I wait for them to
tell me). I try not to contaminate their experiences with mine. Again, thanks
for sharing those. These are the kinds of things we can share that can help
us all.
Regards,
Les
Les

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22519 Re: Pavarotti Mezzo FalsoLloyd W. Hansonlwh1 Mon  2/10/2003
22527 Re: Pavarotti Mezzo Falsolestaylor2003 <LesTaylor@a...>lestaylor2003 Mon  2/10/2003
emusic.com