Vocalist.org archive

From:  Katherine Parker <specielekk8@y...>
Date:  Sat Feb 8, 2003  3:04 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Amateur opera companies in major cities

I'm in the G and S production this year, the
Gondoliers. We're about 3 weeks into production right
now. Not all the leads are professionals, the girl
who is playing Gianetta has only been talking voice
lessons for a few years and I'm sixteen and playing
Fianetta. Not a huge part, but still. I'm the
youngest person in the company but the show has people
in their 60's in it. Its a very personable, relaxed
environment, but it moves quickly. Very worthwhile.

Our performances are March 13th at 7:30 in Mandel hall
at the University of Chicago and the 14th-16th at
8:00.

Light Opera Works auditions were last weekend for
their season. They're doing Fiddler on the Roof,
Fladermouse and Ragtime...a pretty strange combination
I think.

Hope that was of some help!

Katherine Parker