Vocalist.org archive

From:  Edward Norton <belcantist2003@y...>
Date:  Fri Feb 7, 2003  9:21 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Natural sore throat suggestions?

I, too, have had sinus issues! There are several natural remedies out there,
but not all work for everyone! Effective amounts vary from person to person as
well...
Bee Pollen worked like a charm for me for years! Believe it or not, it really
boosted my energy level and the sinusitis/sore throats were few and far between!
Fenugreek and Thyme (used to be sold in capsules under the name "Fenu-Thyme")
has also been a quick fix for these sinus/throat bugs. Many years ago I gave
several capsules to a young student in a kleenex and told her to be sure to
check with her Mom before taking them. The Mom phoned me to ask what they were
and said her daughter took them immediately and was 100% better in just a couple
of hours!
I, too, love the ginger. I'm lazy, tho. I just sprinkle it into the cup before
I fill it with warm tea!
Some angel here advised the use of Sage Tea. I have been using it and now feel
100% better! It DOES work!! :)!!!!
Chlorella taken a couple of times a day will keep off colds/sinus/flu and almost
anything! Also helps lower blood pressure when combined with CoQ10!
Melatonin works as a great sleep aid, but also boosts the immune system which
helps one to get over colds/sore throat/sinus/flu, etc...
NasalChrom is what my pharmacist recommended to me as better than nasal steroids
(Nasonex, Beconaise, Vanconaise, Rhinocort, Flonaise, etc, etc, etc!). It does
help to use it thruout the sinus season.
Valda Pastilles were once sold by Caswell-Massey and used by coloratura soprano
Jenny Lind. They slice right thru a sore throat, but I've not been able to
find them in years. Caswell-Massey no longer sells them.
Ed

emusic.com